Saturday, July 12, 2008
11 years ago....
It was actually 11 years ago yesterday. I'm quite ashamed that I forgot.... Yesterday was Sarah's birthday. I remembered earlier in the week and thought about doing a cake in remembrance. I thought about starting a tradition to give my kids some way of knowing her and giving her a "place" in our family. I was having trouble with figuring out a good way of introducing the whole thing... then I mentally put it down... and promptly forgot. I'm so ashamed of myself, I forgot my Sarah's birthday. I know that it is a good sign that I'm not caught up in the past and that I'm fully living here. I'm just having a hard time with the feeling that I let her down. No, that's not quite right. That I let myself down in remembering her and what she, and what she brought to my life, means to me. I don't want to forget her or the wonderful closeness that she ushered in between me and my heavenly Father. I don't want to forget.... but I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sometimes it's healing that allows us to forget. Don't be hard on yourself. Love you girl!
I can't believe it has been 11 years.
I agree with the previous commenter. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Erika
Wow, look at your fancy schmancy new design! I love it!
Post a Comment