Monday, September 22, 2008
Madelyn's 4!!
About a month ago, Madelyn turned 4 years old!! She had decided she wanted a butterfly tea party to celebrate, so we invited 5 of her best friends over the day before her birthday. We were sad that one friend ended up being sick and couldn't make it, but it was a lot of fun having Madelyn's four other friends over to visit.
Here is the setup for the tea party.
Singing/teaching "I'm a Little Teapot"
a spontaneous game of ring-around-the-rosies
Joseph getting ready to help read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"
An enacted version of the book (the child has something the handpuppet catepillar eats)
Opening presents (with friend Jack)
The birthday girl and her guests
The birthday caterpillars eaten at the tea part of the party with ice cream shaped like butterflies that they decorated themselves. It was SO cute, but unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of the tea party...
After the party, Madelyn took a LONG nap (she was exhausted) and while she was asleep, we got a call from some good friends from church asking if we'd like ot meet them at a nearby mini-amusement park. We had never been there so we decided to go. Madelyn and Greyson had a blast!!! I think it went especially well since our friends have an older girl and boy that wanted to take her on the rides. Here you can see Madelyn on a couple of rides having a great time!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a sweet, sweet party! I think we had the same teacups at Bethany's tea party last year. You will treasure the memory of that party forever. ;-)
Mel, this party looks SO sweet and fun. You are so creative and thoughtful with special occasions for the kids. I'm always so impressed. Wish I could have been there too!! Love you!
Steph! I wish you could have been here too. It was so much fun to see the kids having fun! Even Greyson had a great time. Can't wait to see Sam at Thanksgiving! Love you!
Post a Comment