Madelyn will be starting kindergarten in one short week. I think she is ready. I have a couple of reservations about it, none of which is her social or academic ability. However, I'm confident that with God's help we can work through the kinks without much issue. The last couple of weeks I have been a bit of worry-wart over the whole thing though. Regardless, I am excited for Madelyn and this new chapter of life that she is about to embark on.
We will be going to her class's open house tomorrow evening. There we will meet her teacher and see her classroom. I just can't believe that the time for her to start kindergarten is here already! Madelyn has been practicing getting her "Four" done in the morning - make bed, get dressed, brush teeth, comb hair (I can't tell you how many times I've said these four things in the past two weeks...) It will be my turn to practice tomorrow, Friday, and Tuesday. I'll be practicing getting up early enough to get myself ready, get Madelyn up and working on her Four, getting her fed, and out the door by 7:20am. Seeing that we, as a family, normally start rolling out of bed at 7:30ish, this could be an interesting change of events. In my case, it is going to take enormous amounts of willpower. :) I will be sure to post a first day picture of the schoolgirl.
5 comments:
Awesome job of getting her ready, Melissa! You are a great mom! :-) Can't wait to hear all about it.
You're going to do great! And so is she. Be sure to let us know how it goes, and take pictures for us!
Oh, Sweet Madelyn! It seems like just this morning that we were so thrilled to learn that you were on your way into our lives! You are READY for kindergarten and all the wonderful relationships you will make and education you will get....Momma, it is going to be so exciting for you to see her learn and grow. You will be so giddy when she comes home each day to learn of her adventures. AND you will have some precious "Just Grey" time that you will cherish always. LIFE is Good....God is GREAT.
Grandmomma
Hope the open house went well - kindergarten is a big transition, but you (and she!) will both do great!
5 and starting Kindergarten! Hard to believe. They grow up SO fast. We need to appreciate every moment.
I understand about getting up in the morning. Yawn! :)
Post a Comment