Friday, October 22, 2010

Unexpected

I decided we would clean the bathroom as a three-some (mom and kids) and after telling Madelyn that her part of cleaning the bathroom was the toilet. It was her first time and, of course, she balked.  I took a moment to show her the finer points of toilet cleaning and then went to work on cleaning the tub with Greyson.  After a minute, here's our converastion -

Madelyn:  "Mom, I like cleaning the toilet.  Can I do it every time?" 
Me: "Yes, of course." 
Madelyn:  "Mom, is lunch soon?"
Me: "yes, but we have to finish cleaning the bathroom first."
Madelyn: "good, I'm gonna clean the toilet again."

I turn away before she catches my shocked look.... It WILL be nice to not have to clean a toilet  for awhile.

4 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Bethany loved cleaning toilets for quite a while. Enjoy! :-)

Anonymous said...

Let us know when she's for hire!
TAB

ChristinaR said...

I can't wait for y'all to come visit around Thanksgiving... I'll make sure to be a good aunt and leave the toilets uncleaned for Madelyn. :) Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we all know how Aunt Christina leaves things uncleaned, don't we? Right. She has CDO. It's like OCD, but she insists that the letters be in the correct order. When she was two, she got a tiny little mop and broom for Christmas. They were her favorite gifts that Christmas, and she used them for years. I still have them. Grey and Madelyn played with the mop while they were here. I was mopping the kitchen and they insisted on helping and fought over who was going to get the little mop. I finally gave one of them the big mop and one the little mop. Grey kept slipping down and banging his head on the floor, and getting RIGHT back up and continuing to mop. It was adorable. Madelyn kept mopping but never fell down. Good times and great memories.