Greyson has had a wiggly tooth FOREVER! Okay, maybe it's only been 3 weeks or so... but, man it's been FOREVER! He isn't much of an active wiggler. I guess you could call him a passive wiggler. Pretty much didn't care when or if it came out. I, on the other hand, was anxious to see it come out! I know, I should just let it go but I couldn't... his tooth was bending all the way around and he just wouldn't take it the last little bit to make it come out! It was driving me crazy. So, I bribed him. Yes, I did. I told him if it came out on the appointed day, I would give him a foam soccer ball (that we already had stored away for him). He wants the foam soccer ball. It served its purpose. His tooth is out. All the thanks goes to Madelyn and her brilliant idea to use a paper towel. And guess what! It worked like a charm! So, let that be a lesson to you. When you need to extricate a super loose tooth from a resistant mouth, use a paper towel.
So, when the tooth fairy came, she(he?) brought our boy some Big League Chew. (Bubble gum has been the request of choice for each tooth lost in our house.) He was super excited about it and I couldn't quite understand why SUCH an excitement. He asked what it was and wondered a lot about his new bubble gum. Then he pulls out one of his acquired comic books (I think it is a Justice League comic book) and shows me this picture. And says, "Look, it's right here in this picture!" Oh! Now I get why he's so excited and I marvel, yet again, at his memory. The boy has a steel trap for a memory.
An additional sidenote: Big League Chew is worth the money. My kids are ones to chew gum until it loses flavor and then spit it out, usually less than five minutes of chewing. Greyson came up to me a good 30 minutes into chewing and exclaimed, "Mom, this is the best gum! It's still in flavor!"
1 comment:
Watch out! You might end up with a baseball player on your hands with that Big League Chew! ;-)
Now you tell me about paper towel! Glad it worked. Very cute boy. :-)
Post a Comment