My problem is that I'm a moderate packrat (that might be putting it too lightly). I like to hold on to things. I always hold on to things not for a specific purpose but with the thought, "This might come in handy one day." And now I have to pay the price and get rid of at least half of the stuff that "might have come in handy" because it is cluttering my house! Maybe I need to come up with some rules for myself on keeping things. So, what might these rules be to keep a random "something"...
- Must have a specific use
- Must be used within a year (is this reasonable? does this mean that I need to date it?)
- If not used, must leave the house!
- If kept for sentimental reasons, must fit inside assigned tote (1-2 totes for sentimentals?)
So, hopefully my self-imposed rules will help as I go through the plethora of boxes that need to be sorted sitting around the house.
As I said in my last post, we worked on painting the grand canyon wall this past weekend. It didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped. Moving the piano, though heavy, and taking the mural posters off the wall went well. The grand canyon just peeled off the wall and the adhesive was thick but after about 6 or 7 applications of adhesive remover, it came off the wall rather nicely as well. It still left some places that needed to be patched, though, and this is where our problems started. Something about the wall in those places didn't like the putty or the primer we are using. We don't know if it is something about the paint that was under the mural or what, but it bubbled up real bad! So Ben scraped those areas back off and started again. It looks like what he did this time is going to work, but it has added a lot of time on to our "painting the grand canyon wall" timeline. I think he will be able to finish it tomorrow night though! Yea! Then we will be one more wall closer to our goal of getting the first floor painted!
2 comments:
Mel!!
I miss you so bad! Your blog inspired me to set up my own - and actually I've already posted a blog and it's more dedicated to you than anyone else. My page is www.myspace.com/stephpruitt. I'm really new to it, I just set it up, so hopefully there won't be any problems with it.
Love you girl, and I can't wait to talk to you soon. Oh yeah, and give my brother and neice (and nephew!!) hugs and kisses for me too.
-Stephanie
Hi cutie.. I love your blog and wish that I was closer so I could help out with the house. I am imagining your sigh of relief when the house is in a newly organized fashion!! John and I will be up to Bunyan country for a wedding in August, so I hope we can see you then.
Congrats on success with the Pi!!
Love, Liz
Post a Comment