Saturday, March 03, 2007

Madelyn is growing up so fast!!

Madelyn is 2 and a half. I am constantly amazed at how fast she is growing, physically AND mentally. As examples, her pants that we were rolling up just 3 months ago are now too short and she is now telling us when it is time to do things, like eat or take a nap, or having whole conversations with us. It is so refreshing to not have to guess at what she is trying to tell us. With this comes the need for independence and fits here and there, but even those seem to be subsiding. I don't know if she is getting better or if we are as parents - maybe both. But I have to say, I am really liking this age Madelyn's at right now.
Today we went sledding and Madelyn had a great time. She loves sledding. However, it was a faster hill than we gone to before and with all the snow we've gotten there were a few hidden bumps. She ended up coming off the sled a couple of times and once she went in the snow face first. Madelyn wasn't very happy about that. But she got over it and kept going. She really is quite the daredevil.

1 comment:

Tracy P. said...

I have heard several people say that every age was their favorite age, and I have to agree so far. What's really encouraging is some of them have teenagers, or are even empty nesters! It really is wonderful when they can start telling you what they're thinking, both because of the frustration reduction AND because you discover in such a concentrated time just how much they know. Isn't it all amazing? I'm so glad you're enjoying each step of the way!