Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fifth Sundays

Sundays are interesting at our house. I work in the nursery during the service on the first Sunday of the month, Ben runs sound on the second Sunday, we visit a new church on the third Sunday, and then I sing in the praise team on the fourth Sunday. Although we enjoy everything we do at church, we don't end up sitting all together for service at our church very often. That is why FIFTH Sundays are sooooo nice! A time to all sit and enjoy the WHOLE service at our church together!!! Such a blessing!

BTW, we are visiting churches on the third Sunday because we are looking for support groups/families in our community for foster care/adoption. Our church is simply too far away to be a consistent support for that type of thing. We are NOT currently looking for a new church!

On a random note: lately, Madelyn has been asking that I "feed" her the words for the songs during service so that she can sing with us. I can tell that she is starting to get frustrated by not being able to read them like everyone else. She is catching on to reading though! It is so exciting to hear her sounding out words and figuring out words all the time (of a sign in the window of a newarby shop, "Mom, does that sign say 'closed'?"). And this is when I can't deny that my little girl isn't so little anymore.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe Madelyn is starting to read... she is growing up so fast! Sounds like you guys have busy Sundays - we're in a similar boat around here. It sure makes the times we get to have a "normal" Sunday service where we get to sit together feel that much more special.

Tracy P. said...

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, although we do have them occasionally now. I was actually sitting there thinking, "I wonder if I should go offer to help in the nursery?" But as it happened, I didn't.