Wednesday, August 12, 2009

3-week count down

I got to canning my pickles a little later than expected.... about a week later.  Time seems to speed by these days.  However, here is the end result of today's pickling adventure.  It is the first of the season.  I pickled cukes last year too but I haven't been wowed by their taste so I tried a more simple, traditional dill recipe this time.  Now, I have to wait the 3 weeks until their done pickling.... I think I can wait that long. I think.

4 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Here I thought you were talking about kindergarten. Now we know what's really important. ;-)

(Although in fairness, that's probably almost four weeks, huh? So there you go. First things first.)

Melissa Mae said...

giggle, giggle - that is a whole other post! It will be coming. I hope sometime soon. Not exactly sure what to think, so writing it is even more difficult!

Tracy P. said...

You'll get there! :-)

Stephanie said...

Hey wow, your pickles look great! I'm really impressed. I would love to do stuff like this too. You really have a green thumb, Mel!