Here's my harvest this morning from the garden. I only pulled a couple carrots and an onion to use in the next couple days. I haven't gotten out in awhile to pick the pickling cucumbers.... and it shows. Some of them are a little big. I wanted to pickle whole ones this year instead of cutting them down, but I think some of them are too big to share a jar. I guess I'll have to slice those. Any other ideas of what to do with them? Also, anybody have a great dill, sweet, or B&B pickle recipe? I'm looking forward to canning in the next few days!!
2 comments:
I sooo wish that I was talented enough to grow a garden... that stuff looks beautiful and completely delicious. Be sure to save me a few of your pickles to sample - I've never had home-made ones before. They're gonna be YUMMY!! :)
Awesome...I remember those days. Thrilling! The kids loved it, too. Well, except the weeding........
Grandmomma
Post a Comment